- Patient information
- Information about health rights
- The Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Making a complaint
- Your health records
- Health care for overseas visitors
- Information for young people
- Information for carers
- Information about health services
- Other languages and formats
- Local NHS contact details
About this information
You can get this information as a printed leaflet from:
- GP surgeries, dental surgeries and hospitals
- other places where you receive NHS care
- your local citizens advice bureau
- the NHS inform Helpline on 0800 22 44 88 (textphone 18001 0800 22 44 88; the helpline also provides an interpreting service).
You can also download a copy as a PDF, or browse specific sections of the leaflet using the links in the left hand menu bar.
This information is for people of all ages. But we have also produced a version for children and young people under 16, called Consent - your rights.
We have tried our best to make sure this information is correct. However, the information is for guidance only so you should not rely on it as a full statement of the law. If you are thinking about taking legal action, you should contact a solicitor, a citizens advice bureau or other advice agency.
Produced by Health Rights Information Scotland, a project of Consumer Focus Scotland, for the Scottish Government Health Directorates.
Produced in August 2010
Revision date February 2013
Tell us what you think
We always welcome feedback from people who use our information. If you have any comments about this information, please tell us.
Page last edited: 10 November 2010