- Patient information
- Information about health rights
- The Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Making a complaint
- Your health records
- Health care for overseas visitors
- Information for young people
- Information for carers
- Information about health services
- Other languages and formats
- Local NHS contact details
What if I'm not happy?
If you are unhappy with how you have been involved in decisions about your health care, first talk to a member of NHS staff involved in your care. If you're still unhappy, you can make a formal complaint.
For more information about making a complaint, see the factsheet 'Feedback and complaints: the right to have a say about your care and have any concerns and complaints dealt with'.
Page last edited: 26 July 2013