Download this information as a PDF information in other languages information in large print format information in audio format

Health care for asylum seekers and refugees in Scotland

Feeling unwell?     

  • Go to a pharmacy and ask for advice. To find your nearest pharmacy, phone the NHS inform Helpline on 0800 22 44 88 or look on the internet.
  • Visit the NHS 24 website for health information and advice.      
  • Contact the GP surgery where you are registered. If you need an interpreter, ask the GP surgery to arrange this for you.      
  • Phone NHS 24 on 08454 24 24 24 or look on the internet if the GP surgery where you are registered is closed, or if you are not yet registered as an NHS patient. NHS 24 can provide an interpreting service.
In an emergency (if your condition is very serious), phone 999 and ask for an ambulance.

Page last edited: 21 October 2011