- Patient information
- Information about health rights
- Information for young people
- Information for carers
- Information about health services
- Other languages and formats
- Local NHS contact details
Before you leave your appointment make sure:
- you understand everything that has been said
- you’ve covered everything on your list.
- you know what should happen next – and when. Write it down.
- who to contact if you have further problems or questions.
- for copies of letters written about you if you want to see them. You are entitled to see them. There can be a charge for providing them.
After your appointment don’t forget to:
- write down what you discussed and what should happen next, and keep your notes.
- ask what’s happening if you don't receive your appointment details.
- ask for the results of any test. If you don’t get the results when you expect – ask for them. And it’s okay to ask what the results mean.
Page last edited: 14 December 2012