- Patient information
- Information about health rights
- Information for young people
- Consent - your rights
- Confidentiality - your rights
- Have your say - your right to be heard
- Information for carers
- Information about health services
- Other languages and formats
- Local NHS contact details
About this information
You can get this information as a printed leaflet from:
- GP surgeries, dental surgeries, hospitals and anywhere you receive NHS care
- the NHS inform Helpline on 0800 22 44 88 (textphone 18001 0800 22 44 88; the helpline also provides an interpreting service).
- or you can download a copy of the factsheet as a PDF.
You can ask for this information in another language or format:
- Email email@example.com
Tell us what you think
We always welcome feedback from people who use our information. If you have any comments about this information, please tell us.
This is version 3 of 'Confidentiality - your rights', published in February 2012 and due to be revised in February 2015.
It was produced by NHS inform.
We have tried our best to make sure this leaflet is correct, but the law can be more complicated than this. If you are thinking about taking legal action and need advice, you should contact a solicitor, a citizens advice bureau, the Patient Advice and Support Service, another advice agency or the Scottish Child Law Centre.
Page last edited: 18 December 2012